People give me a funny look when I say I love things, and they wonder what I mean by it. Even though many philosophers and theologians have questioned the value of loving things, let me explain why I love things. Most of what we experience in our world are things, i.e. material things. By thing I mean something that is not living. It is okay to love things, because they give us a lot of enjoyment. While I am not a big fan of materialism, which is loving things in an unhealthy and obsessive way, I do believe it is okay to love things and appreciate them.
Let me list some of the things I love.
- I love cars. Most of us love them too. The reason is that we need them to travel. Without cars, we wouldn’t be able to visit friends and travel to work to earn money. Do you now see why I say I love things like cars?
- I love music. Music inspires people and provides a soundtrack to the good moments of our lives. When I hear a song, it always reminds me of what I was doing when I heard it.
- I love books. I have over 1000 books. Why? Because it is through books that I learn new things. A book might cost ten dollars, but the information you get from it could earn you a thousand dollars. Do you see yet why I love things that make me money?
-I love clothes. I am not obsessed with clothes, and I don’t understand why people buy clothes just to have a company’s logo on it, but think of how great clothes are. They keep us warm and make us look good.
- Even though it might not be popular to say, I love money . Money, when used properly can bring a lot of good to people’s lives. Think of all the good YOU could do if you had more money.
- I love movies, mostly because they make me happy. Some people say that things can’t buy happiness, but as I said, I love things, so I disagree. Sure, an obsession with stuff is wrong, but having various enjoyable items and experiences in your life, if you appreciate them, can make you happy.
In the end, I guess I love life, whether I come across things, people, or places. What things do you love? Be sure to share them below and then share them with all your friends on Facebook!
Powered by Facebook Comments